Fillers For a More Youthful Appearance
Dermal Fillers For a More Youthful Appearance
Dermal fillers are wonderful for woman that have aging skin. This skin treatment is very quick, and will leave ladies with skin that looks much younger. The wrinkles will be filled in and the treatment is much less expensive compared to a face lift.
What is a Dermal filler?
Dermal fillers are an injectable treatment used to fill in lines and wrinkles. There are many different substances that can be injected into the skin for this. It is not like botox, in which case botox relaxes the muscles under a wrinkle.
What Types of Dermal Fillers Are There?
- Hyaluronic Acid- This is the most popular substance to use for dermal fillers. Under this kind of substance, there are many types of hyaluronic acid. Those include Restylane/Perlane, Artecoll, and Juvederm Ultra/Juvederm Ultra Plus. These are great for moderate to severe wrinkles or folds in the skin. Neither of these are good to use if one has severe allergies.
- Synthetic Wrinkle Fillers- This type of filler is perfect because it has a longer lasting effect on the skin. However do note that since they tend to last longer, there is great chance for side effects. Some popular synthetic wrinkle fillers include Radiesse and Sculptra. These both typically last for up to one year.
- Collagen Wrinkle Fillers- This type of wrinkle filler is believe to look the most natural, however the results do not tend to last as long. An example of this kind of filler is Cosmoplast or Cosmoderm. This collagen is grown in a lab and made from Human tissue that has been purified. This kind of treatment is perfect for filling in lines around the eyes.
- Autologous Wrinkle Fillers- This kind of treatment uses fat taken from the person body in most cases. Normal places to extract fat on a person's body include the stomach, thighs, and buttocks. This is not a common filler, but is a good choice for fine lines and creases on the face. This is a two step procedure, one to extract the fat and one to inject it, but often it can be done in the same session.
What Do Dermal Fillers Do?
Dermal fillers fill in areas under the skin that need to be filled in. No matter what type of filler is used, the end process is the same. Dermal fillers will plump up the cheek area, improve imperfections on the skin such as scars, fill out lips that are too thin, fill in deep creases, lines and wrinkles, and contour the jaw line, as well as other areas on the face.
What Are The Side Effects?
As with any treatment, there are possible side effects. Possible side effects may include:
- open wounds that might drain
- allergic reaction
- a sore at the injection site
- raised bumps in or under the skin
- death of tissue (necrosis)
- flu like symptoms
- blurred vision
Who Should Not Use Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are not for everyone. If you have skin that is either inflamed or infected, a treatment should never be done. Once the infection has cleared, a treatment may be performed then. Anyone with a bleeding disorder should also never undergo a dermal filling. If one is allergic to eggs or collagen, a person should never get a dermal filler that contains products derived from either of these sources. Please do note that it is advised not to get this procedure done if you are prone to excessive scarring. Anyone that is allergic to animal products or lidocaine should refrain from using a treatment filler that contains them.
If you have any questions or would like to leave me some feedback please feel free to contact me by filling out the form below.